57: Wait For Me
|Wait For Me|
Title text: Opening dialogue by Scott
His pause before admitting to the affair, as well as the claim of having a son by the affair Megan's age suggest that he is joking. It is impossible for Cueball to have a son Megan's age from an affair while he is notionally seeing Megan (unless he had the relationship with Megan, and the affair, 9 months before she was born. Certainly not within the 90 seconds Megan claims to have been gone.
- [A man and a woman stand facing one another]
- Woman: Why didn't you wait for me?
- Man: I thought you were gone forever!
- Woman: I said I'd be back in a minute!
- Man: The . . . the seconds went fast at first, but then they started to drag on. She was there for me.
- Woman: You had an affair in the 90 seconds I was gone?!
- Man: . . . yes.
- Man: And we had a son.
- Man: He'd be about your age now.