Title text: My normal approach is useless here, too.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
As the title text says, my normal approach is useless here (Comic 55: Useless).
Cueball and Megan are sitting on a hospital bed reading a piece of paper, with the statistics for breast cancer survival. It looks like Megan has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. The dotted line represents the survival rate distribution: 81% are alive at 5 years, while 77% survive to 10 years.
- [A plot of years vs. percent, with a solid and a dashed line. The solid line starts at 100%, and drops constantly. The dashed line starts around 85%, rises to 95% after 5 years, then drops.]
- [A simple table.]
- 5 years 81%
- 10 years 77%
- [Two people are sitting on a bench, next to an IV drip hanging from a rack. One is holding a paper.]
- Cueball: You know, probability used to be my favorite branch of math
- Cueball: Because it had so many real-life applications.
- [They embrace, faces together.]