Title text: Eventual headline: 'University Researchers Create Life in Lab! Darkness, Faulty Condoms Blamed.'
They start by going to a dorm, supposedly Cueball's; however, the door is locked. They try Megan's dorm next, but Megan's roomate is currently playing a video game and is "in a raid", which is a phrase used in World of Warcraft and other Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games or MMORPGs. A Raid is a large gathering of players that work together to defeat a difficult enemy.
The Rare book collection in the library in frame three is usually deserted, so it would be perfect for sexual activity. However, it is currently occupied by a visiting Nelson Mandela, who is on a tour of the school.
Next they try an accelerator tunnel that is in use and thus locked. This is a normal safety feature in particle accelerators in order to protect researchers from being exposed to potentially dangerous radiation from the particle beam, simply by being near the accelerator while it is in use.
Then they try a beaver lodge. A beaver lodge is usually only accessible from underwater and during winter, the entrances are even further protected by a solid sheet of ice. Note that the final level of the Nintendo 64 game Banjo-Kazooie includes a beaver's living space resembling the one shown. In the game, the lodge is only accessible during the winter phase, when the player must swim from a hole in the ice to the underwater entrance.
With our current understanding of physics, there is neither the possibility of hyperspace existing, nor the possibility of getting there quickly.
The title text indicates that the two found privacy for sex in the lab, but inadvertently got Megan pregnant. This is a pun on news titles about scientists who have created synthetic life in the lab. This eventual headline appears in a few 1037: Umwelt frames as "Scientists Create Life In Lab".
The comic 658: Orbitals is similar.
- [An incredibly libidinous, extremely attractive couple try and enter one person's dorm room.]
- Other Dorm:
- [The same couple in the other person's dorm room, where the roommate is sitting at a computer playing an MMO.]
- Roommate: I'll be done Tuesday.
- Roommate in raid
- Library Rare Book Collection:
- [Libidinous couple staring inside the room from outside. Nelson Mandela and other university workers inside the room, looking at some extremely expensive items.]
- Occupied by tour for visiting Nelson Mandela
- Accelerator Tunnel:
- [Couple stares at a heavy, imposing door denying them entry.]
- Sealed while beam is in operation.
- Beaver Lodge:
- [Couple attempting to enter an occupied beaver lodge.]
- Frozen over for winter to keep out predators; only accessible via underwater entrance.
- [Couple in front of a number of highly advanced physics textbooks.]
- Cueball: Are you sure?
- Ruled out by current understanding of physics.
- College Law #27:
- The availability of private space is inversely proportional to the desirability of the hookup.