1011: Baby Names
Title text: I've been trying for a couple years now but I haven't been able to come up with a name dumber than 'Renesmee'.
The punchline for this one is in the title text as Renesmee is the name of Renesmee Cullen, who is the baby born in the book and movie Breaking Dawn to parents Edward and Bella. Edward and Bella get "Renesmee" from an amalgamation of the names of Bella's mother, Renée, and Edward's adoptive mother, Esme.
Randall's point above stands. All those names are terrible, but not nearly as terrible as the name Renesmee.
A further analysis on baby names are presented by Randall at his Blag (Blog) here: The Baby Name Wizard.
- Ponzi - An Italian surname, most often associated with "Ponzi scheme".
- Eeemily - A corruption of "Emily". May also be a marketing plug.
- Fire Fire - Even a single "Fire" would be odd as a name, at least in the American dialects. It would also not be a good idea to call your child's name in a crowded place.
- Chipotla - A reference to chipotle seasoning.
- Astamouthe - Could be pronounced "Ass to mouth".
- Eggsperm - A child is conceived by combining an egg and a sperm, this child's name is conceived by combining the names of the two things.
- [sound of record scratch] - This cannot be spelled or reliably pronounced.
- Parsley - A seasoning.
- Hot'n'Juicy Ann - "Ann" is a normal name. Prefacing it with the sexual "Hot'n'Juicy" part is not normal.
- Ovari - Female reproductive organ, misspelled.
- Friendly - Odd enough on its own, but when referring to her possessions it would create confusion with the restaurant Friendly's. Can also be humorous in introductions - "Hi I'm Friendly"
- Sean (pronounced "seen") - While this isn't an incorrect pronunciation, the more common pronunciation would be "Shawn".
- Joyst - Corruption of "Joyce".
- [Cueball sits at a desk, thinking with his hand on his chin, his other hand holding a pen over a piece of paper. Megan stands behind him, looking over his shoulder, also with her hand on her chin.]
- [Above the drawing is the list they are writing by hand.]
- Names for daughter
- Fire Fire
- [sound of record scratch]
- Hot'n'Juicy Ann
- Sean (pronounced "seen")