152: Hamster Ball
Title text: Reportedly, double-walled inflatable balls like this exist somewhere. Now to find that place.
The comic starts with a genie, who, having been freed from a magical lamp, grants the owner three wishes. The idea of a genie that does this is a very common trope in the fantasy genre. Alternative spellings are jinn and djinni.
Cueball asks for a human-sized hamster ball, and when he gets it, he starts to roll around in it, obviously entertained. The genie then asks what he would like for his other two wishes, to which, having being granted already his heart's desire, he states he wouldn't need the other wishes for anything.
The title text refers to the activity of Zorbing.
- [Cueball stands by a genie, whose lower body becomes smoke and trails down to an old-fashioned lamp.]
- Genie: You have awakened me from the lamp. You may have three wishes. What does your heart desire?
- Cueball: I'd like a human-sized hamster ball.
- [A hamster ball appears; Cueball is inside it.]
- Cueball: Sweet!
- [Cueball steps to left; the ball rolls that way.]
- [He does the same thing to his right.]
- [Cueball comes to rest in the centre of the panel.]
- Genie: And your other wishes?
- Cueball: Why would I need other wishes?