Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Quite a few newbies are missing the reminder at the top of the talk pages. My suggestion:
||This is a talk page, so please add four tildes |
~~~~ to the end of your comments to include your signature. (Or use the signature button at the top of the page.) Thanks!
Shall we pass this? Davidy22(talk) 02:51, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's a losing battle. It happens all the time on Wikipedia. I don't think if they can't get it under control, that we could do much better. But that's the defeatist in me. lcarsos (talk) 03:18, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
- If we give up trying, we'll never solve it. Maybe they're missing the text at the top of the page cuz it's not immediately obvious, and they can't see it. My proposed text should alleviate that.Davidy22(talk) 04:01, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
- What about if we did something like
|| Sign your posts! ~~~~
- Eh? lcarsos (talk) 20:56, 13 November 2012 (UTC)
- A little rewording:
|| Sign your posts with ~~~~
- Just making it a bit more obvious.
- EDIT: So apparently, you can't make text bigger in a notice template. Mediawiki fixplx. Davidy22(talk) 00:04, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- I'm all for the notice, but partial to politeness in a volunteer setting.
|| Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- That said, we should probably see about a bot that comes in and fixes up unsigned posts, which (as was pointed out) is likely to continue to happen despite our ongoing urging... -- IronyChef (talk) 06:23, 14 November 2012 (UTC)