explain xkcd:Community portal
Welcome to Explain XKCD - the wiki! As you've probably noticed, things are a bit different from the blog. But feel free to try things out!
A few tools to start you out:
- Wikipedia's Editing Tutorial is a great place to start if you haven't used this kind of wiki before.
- If you look to the left of your screen, you can see "Upload file" - that's where to start if you want to add a new XKCD comic to the wiki!
- If you just want to test a feature, you can do that at the Sandbox or at your own, personal, sandbox at Special:Mypage/Sandbox.
- Use Special:Random if you just want to see something cool that's already here.
- Special:SpecialPages has a list of the other "Special" pages that do cool things.
- Sign your posts (on talk pages and on this page) with ~~~~ or by using this button (click to view) in the editing toolbar.
- Check out Explain XKCD:Copyrights before bringing anything other than the comics here - you don't want to get in trouble by mistake!
Discuss the Wiki
I've changed MediaWiki:Helppage to point here. If we decide to have a local users manual or help desk, it should probably be changed. The default target was Help:Contents. This also changes where the "Help" link in the sidebar points, so right now we have two different sidebar links pointing to the same place. --Philosopher Let us reason together. 10:30, 1 August 2012 (EDT)
I haven't created MediaWiki:Tagline yet, but we need to think about what to put there. That's the familiar "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." over at Wikipedia - it appears right under the title of each page. --Philosopher Let us reason together. 10:39, 1 August 2012 (EDT)