1034: Share Buttons
Title text: The only post to achieve perfect balance between the four was a hilarious joke about Mark Zuckerberg getting caught using a pseudonym to sneak past the TSA.
- Twitterers are often stereotyped as constantly trying to be funny; hence, the article on stand-up comedy is shared most on Twitter.
- Conspiracy theory articles play well on Reddit, especially if they are against the Christian Right and for Wikipedia, as there is a loud and large atheist community on Reddit.
- "Boycott Facebook" articles are ironically popular on Facebook. Google+, being semantically akin to Facebook, also has a significant anti-Facebook community. One of the punchlines is that Google+ is struggling and not used much.
- The last article gets almost no shares at all — not many want to admit they are reading an article about a RealDoll, a type of sex doll. (Also mentioned in Game AIs and Flying Cars.) A Custom ROM is an aftermarket distribution of the Android operating system and are often targeted toward enthusiasts. This community exists primarily on Google+ (as Google is the main developer of Android), and is one of the few active communities on that social network. As Android is an operating system primarily aimed at smartphones and tablet computers, installing it on a RealDoll, whilst possible due to Android's open source nature, would be a very niche activity, and the low number of shares indicates that it only interests a small portion of the already-small (relative to other social networks) Google+ community.
The title text humorously combines appealing subjects for all four networks:
- a hilarious joke – Twitter, same as above.
- about Mark Zuckerberg – founder of Facebook.
- using a pseudonym – referencing a controversy about real names on Google+.
- to sneak past the TSA – Reddit, a conspiracy theory as above.
- [A series of article titles with four share buttons underneath each: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Google+]
- Breaking Into Stand-up Comedy
- FB: 3, Twitter: 1,781, Reddit: 2, G+: 0
- How the Christian Right Threatens Wikipedia
- FB: 1, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 2,241, G+: 3
- Boycott Facebook Today!
- FB: 248k, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 74
- DIY: Installing a Custom ROM on a Realdoll
- FB: 0, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 2