143: Parody Week: TFD and Natalie Dee
|Parody Week: TFD and Natalie Dee|
Title text: Although bees with tires would be kinda funny.
This comic is a part of the Parody Week, just joking about other webcomics. This series was released on 5 consecutive days (Monday-Friday) and not over the usual Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule and is comprised of the following five parodies:
- 141: Parody Week: Achewood
- 142: Parody Week: Megatokyo
- 143: Parody Week: TFD and Natalie Dee
- 144: Parody Week: A Softer World
- 145: Parody Week: Dinosaur Comics
This comic parodies two comics in one go TFD is an acronym for Toothpaste For Dinner which is a daily one-panel cartoon written and drawn by Drew Fairweather. Each comic features small, simple drawings, paired with short captions or dialogue.
Drew and Natalie are husband & wife, and are also the authors of the webcomic Married to the Sea.
In similar style to their simple comics we see xkcd's Cueball ask the two creators of the two comics what's funny. The woman in color represents Natalie who do color drawings that could include animals, and she thinks bees are funny. The man is Drew drawn like his own characters with a weird head shape. He thinks tires are funny. Then Natalie combines those to say that bees with tires are funny, and he is like, whatever.
No animals have ever develop wheels but the title text just mentions that bees with tires would be kinda funny.
- [Cueball is standing to the left in this frame less comic, talking to a woman and man. She has long black hair, black eyes and a very wide mouth going from side to side of the part of her head visible for the hair. She wears a blue shirt, green shorts and white shoes. She stands with her arms bend with her hands in her sides. 14 bees are swarming around her head. The man next to ther is bold with a strange distorted face tilting down from right to left, and his eyes align with this tilted forehead. His mouth is a round O. He has white t-shirt and pants and black shoes. He holds up his left arm, hand in front of his breast. To the right there lies two tires, the top one lies halfway up on the bottom tire. Where Cueball speaks using the normal all capital letters of xkcd, the other two speaks only in lower case letters.]
- Cueball: So guys what is funny this week?
- Natalie: bees!
- Drew: tires.
- Natalie: bees with tires!
- Drew: whatever
- This was the TED strip released the same day as this comic.
- This was the Natalie Dee strip released the same day as this comic.
- This was the Married to the Sea strip released the same day as this comic, which makes it clear that it is the other two that were the target of the parody.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!