17: What If
Title text: I once made an anniversary card for my then-girlfriend with this layout.
This comic features a man and a woman in a romantic setting, surrounded by a fractal combination of love and doubts; a Sierpinski Triangle-like arrangement based on the Apollonian gasket construction. Three circles are drawn tangent to each other, then additional circles are added which are tangent to three existing circles (without overlap), ad infinitum.
Randall's character design wasn't yet fully settled. Considering that Megan arguably was introduced two comics ago, and that the man has some hair, the couple might or might not be interpreted as Cueball and Megan.
- [A large black circle with white bubbles inside it, filled with hearts, question marks, and stick figure couples.]
- What if this isn't everything it should be?
- I'm not even sure how I feel
- What if I'm making a mistake?
- This is the sixteenth comic originally posted on livejournal. The previous was 16: Monty Python -- Enough. The next was 18: Snapple. View archive here.
- Original title: "Friday drawing!"
- Original Randall quote: "One of my best friends just got engaged. I really, truly think they're going to be very happy together." The friends referred to are Scott and Sarah.