237: Keyboards are Disgusting
|Keyboards are Disgusting|
Title text: Alternate method: convince them to pretend it's an Etch-a-Sketch and try to erase it.
This comic references first and foremost that keyboards are totally filthy as they collect dirt and other small filth under the keys. Secondly, whoever is on the other side of the computer tricks the main character in this comic to lift the keyboard over his head so that the dirt falls on his face. By tricking the victim into de-focusing, the prankster ensures the victim will not notice the crumbs coming out of the keyboard until it is too late.
The title text references the toy Etch A Sketch in which you would draw lines using two knobs and shake the Etch A Sketch to clear the screen. If you shook a gross keyboard, you would get filth on you as well.
The cleanliness (or lack thereof) of keyboards are mentioned in the title text of 1395: Power Cord.
- [Hairy sits at his computer, chatting with another person.]
- Chat: Wanna see an optical illusion?
- Chat: Hold your keyboard up in front of you and look at the home row.
- [Hairy holds the keyboard in front of him.]
- Chat: Now cross your eyes a little so the 'g' and 'h' overlap.
- Chat: Keeping focus, lift the keyboard over your head.
- [Hairy lifts the keyboard over his head still looking at the keyboard.]
- [Tiny bits of dust and skin particles fall out of the keyboard in Hairy's face.]
- Hairy: Eww!
- Chat: Ha ha