Title text: Don't expect any leniencies on late fees, though.
Cueball is pressing on Megan for stopping her idea to visit her family. While Megan is fully convinced that this visit will happen, Cueball takes advantage of her love of books. He starts to open up a brand-new hardcover book much farther than it was made to open, ruining the spine, and then mistreats it some more. Megan cannot take this anymore, and gives up on the family visit.
The title text goes on with the inflexible stereotype, as librarians will not make exceptions for or give reductions to their romantic partners' overdue fees.
The humor comes from the stereotype of librarians as very sensitive to proper treatment of books and inflexibility with rule-breaking.
- Advantages to dating librarians.
- Megan: We're stopping in Baltimore to visit my family, and that's final.
- Cueball: Oh yeah?
- [Reaching inside paper bag.]
- Cueball: Hey, look, it's a new hardback book!
- [Holds book in hands.]
- Megan: You wouldn't.
- [The book is twisted and crinkled.]
- [Megan twitches.]
- [The book's spine is broken.]
- Megan: OKAY! You win!
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!