Title text: We didn't actually land on the moon -- it just looked like we did because of precession. Also, gyroscopes caused 9/11.
Cueball is playing with a gyroscope, which is fun to him. Even though he has studied them and intellectually understands their behaviour, they still seem to bother him somewhat. At the end, the gyroscope is revealed to have the power of levitation and to apparently be a sapient lifeform - it talks to him - somewhat validating his lifelong suspicions.
In the title text, Randall is mocking the Moon landing conspiracy theories and refers to the Lunar precession in process. Gyroscopes and the lunar orbit both exhibit precession, a physical concept that non-scientists can find hard to grasp. Thus, it is a perfect subject for a lunar conspiracy theory. He goes on to claim that gyroscopes (which form part of the navigation system of every commercial airplane) were directly responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- [Cueball at desk with Gyroscope.]
- Despite years of studying physics, I still find gyroscopes a little freaky.
- [Cueball starts gyroscope with a zzzzip.]
- [Gyroscope spins with a zzzzzz.]
- [Gyroscope lifts into the air.]
- Gyroscope: Greetings, Human.