Title text: Oh, look, the 'make everything better' button was here behind the bookshelf all along.
Everyone wants to help someone in need, but sometimes the help they can offer isn't enough, or is the wrong kind of help. Cueball tries to help Megan, who is in psychological/emotional distress, but despite his efforts she ends up in hospital. She may have attempted suicide, but it's not very clear. The point is that sometimes you just can't make people happy, it's something they have to do themselves.
The title text refers to a hidden button behind the bookshelf, but Cueball did not find it. This is ironic because, although people can try help with psychological/emotional problems, there is no magic button that makes everything better.
- It turns out you can't take responsibility for someone else's happiness.
- [Cueball looking at a curled-up Megan.]
- [Cueball's hand on Megan's shoulder.]
- [Megan has her head in her hands.]
- [Cueball watching an ambulance take Megan away in a stretcher.]