425: Fortune Cookies
Title text: "You will have hot, steamy, sweaty sex... IN BED!"
Fortune cookies are crisp cookies containing a small piece of paper with words of wisdom or a vague prophecy. Even though they were not actually invented in China, they are commonly served as dessert in Chinese restaurants in the United States.
There is a common joke involving fortune cookies that involves appending "in bed" — the phrase "in bed" being one of many sexual innuendo jokes along with "your mom", "that's what she said", and "said the actress to the bishop" — to the end of the fortune, usually creating a sexual innuendo or other bizarre messages.
- The ones you love will never let you down in bed
- Your self-confidence is well placed in bed
- Seek nonviolence in everything you do in bed
This comic turns that joke around, showing how appending "except in bed" can also create even more amusing messages.
- The ones you love will never let you down, except in bed
- Your self-confidence is well placed, except in bed
- Seek nonviolence in everything you do, except in bed
The title text instead shows the example of an imaginary fortune that would not change in meaning if "in bed" was appended. The meaning would, however, change considerably if except in bed was added instead. A part of the joke is that you will never find such a fortune in a cookie!
- Megan: "The ones you love will never let you down."
- Cueball: "Seek nonviolence in everything you do."
- Ponytail: "Your self-confidence is well placed."
- Instead of "In bed", I've found that fortune cookies are often more improved by appending "Except in bed".
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!