439: Thinking Ahead
Title text: Did he just go crazy and jump out the window?
Cueball spots a woman while shopping. He thinks she looks cute - probably because she looks a lot like his girl friend Megan. She is picking out produce, and quotes a line of dialogue from Firefly originally said by River Tam (Summer Glau): "My food is problematic." Cueball (Randall) who is a big fan of Firefly, notices this, and wants to flirt with her. But then Cueball's internal monologue kicks in and he starts panicking, wondering how he'd deal with starting a relationship with this woman when he's moving in the fall, as well as how things are going to work out with Megan, should things work out with this girl. He panics, needs a way out and jumps out the window.
In real life, jumping out the window would be a very bad idea for a few reasons. Firstly, the glass shards made by jumping through the window would be very sharp and easy to cut you on. Secondly, the person who shattered the window would have to pay to fix the window, which would cost quite a bit of money.
The title text refers to yet another Firefly line, this one said by Wash (Alan Tudyk): "Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?"
- [My Problem: Thinking Ahead.]
- Cueball: She's cute.
- Woman: This food is problematic.
- Cueball: Oh man, she's quoting Firefly.
- Cueball: It's the perfect opening. But wait. I'm moving in the fall. If we hit it off, how will I deal with that?
- Cueball: I don't want to ask her to derail her plans. And with things unresolved with Megan, can I really commit enough to make that kind of decision?
- Cueball: Oh God.
- Cueball: Gotta get out.
- Cueball: The window.
- [Cueball jumping through a window]
- Randall did mention the name Megan at his original transcript.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!