729: Laser Pointer
Title text: It's a lasing cat-vity!
It is common to use a laser pointer as a cat toy because cats are attracted to the dot and attempt in vain to catch it in their paws. Only in its dreams can a cat successfully catch and consume the dot. Also, it is only in a dream that this will give it power to shoot laser light from its eyes, and vaporize the taunting human. It is a common idea that cats have no morals and view their humans as subordinates.
The title text makes a pun on the chamber in which lasers are formed, known as a laser cavity.
- [Cueball points a laser pointer at the floor. A black cat crouches, staring at the red dot.]
- [The cat pounces.]
- [The cat lands with its paw on the dot, claws out.]
- [The cat tugs on the dot.]
- tug tug
- [Cueball tries to use the laser pointer, which is no longer emitting a beam.]
- Cueball: ?? click click
- [The cat nibbles on the red laser dot.]
- Cat: lick? nom nom
- [The cat arches, emitting red shock lines.]
- [The cat shoots lasers out of its eyes at Cueball, who is covered in a bright red glow.]
- Cueball: AUGH!
- [The right side of the panel is the end of a thought bubble.]
- [The black cat, sleeping, has dreamed the entire strip.]