Title text: In the off-seasons, I hire an animal trainer to help confront secret agents with situations which they are unable to report by radio.
This comic is making a play on the typical "secret agent" code phrases such as the one above or "The Eagle has landed." or "The cobra has struck." The word "eagle" is especially popular for code phrases, referring to craft containing a VIP.
The *KHHHKHT* noises that the character is making are imitations of the static sounds made when using a walkie-talkie.
The title text is saying that when the character in the comic is not following field biologists, he is making actual eagles land in front of actual agents, but they are not allowed to report eagles landing, because that would use the secret code phrase.
- [Ponytail is looking up into a tree, holding a clipboard in one hand and a radio in the other.]
- Ponytail: The eagle has left the nest.
- Off-Panel: *KHHHKHT* Roger that. Alert the agents. *KHKKHHKT*
- Ponytail: Will you stop that?
- My hobby: Following field biologists around and interpreting everything they say as code phrases.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!