Title text: I understand you and your team worked hard on this, but when we said to make it more realistic, we meant the graphics.
Frogger is a classic video game introduced in 1981. The aim of the game is to safely get a frog across a busy road and a river to a lily pad at the top of the screen.
The title text reveals that a team of programmers misinterpreted a task to make the game "more realistic", i.e. better graphic, and instead made the trucks swerve to avoid the car-sized frog, causing a car to crash into the truck resulting in a serious car crash, instead of the cars just continuing to move at a constant rate in straight lines disregarding the movements of the frog.
The game continues to introduce increasing drama with the off-panel bystanders.
This is similar to the idea behind the modification of the game in 873: FPS Mod, which also turns the played from a violent game.
- [The dark green frog, Frogger, is standing in the middle of the panel on the green grass by the side of a light gray road with at least four tracks divided by black midlines. The last track being mainly outside the top frame of the panel. It is looking out into the traffic, which includes three trucks (two in the nearest lane one in the third) with different color of the cabin (one blue and two dark gray) and white behind the cabin. There is also a red car in the second lane. All four vehicles are driving towards left.]
- [Lines behind the frog and sound indicates that Frogger hops, and it moves out right in front of the right truck which is now close to it. The left truck is partly outside the panel, and the other two have moved further left and a new gray car has entered from the right in the second lane.]
- [The truck in the inner lane swerves into the second lane to avoid Frogger, which takes the truck out in front of the gray car. The other truck in the inner lane has exited the panel and the red car only shows the rear part. ]
- [The truck and the car collide with a great noise displayed with shaky letters above them. The car and the cabin of the truck both crumples. Behind the car is two lines of skid marks. Frogger is left unharmed in the inner lane. The red car is gone and the third lane truck is leaving the panel to the left, the cabin just outside the frame.]
- [Only the two crashed vehicles are left on the road with smoke pouring out of their hoods. The trucks rear end also seems to have crumbled more than in the previous image, and strangely enough the skid marks of the car now stretches longer towards the right than before... Frogger turns around and hops back to the side of the road, again indicated with lines and sound. At the bottom of the panel three off-panel voices calls out:]
- Off-panel voice 1: Oh god!
- Off-panel voice 2: Someone call 911!
- Off-panel voice 3: Mom!
Randall made a mistake in the last panel, where the the skid marks of the car stretches longer towards the right than in the panel before, even though the car and truck did not move (and the view has also stayed the same through out the comic.) However, this could just be smoke plumes.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!