Title text: Fortunately, the charging one has been solved now that we've all standardized on mini-USB. Or is it micro-USB? Shit.
Cueball and Ponytail see that there are 14 different competing technologies to become a universal standard. They therefore create one in attempt to become the universal standard. Instead of becoming the standard, it just becomes one of the many competitors. This sort of situation occurs often in the development of standards in technology.
- How Standards Proliferate
- (See: A/C chargers, character encodings, instant messaging, etc.)
- There are 14 competing standards.
- Cueball: 14?! Ridiculous! We need to develop one universal standard that covers everyone's use cases.
- Ponytail: Yeah!
- Situation: There are 15 competing standards.