- Man, did you see the way they implemented a Tampa Two against the spread, allowing the Mike to rove and then disguised zone blitz schemes by dropping the end on the short side when the offense ran red right? 15:19, 4 October 2014 (UTC)
- The same gag is made in the movie Groundhog Day:
- Mrs. Lancaster: There's talk of a blizzard.
- Phil Connors: We may catch a break and that blizzard's gonna blow right by us. All of this moisture coming up out of the south by midday is probably gonna push on to the east of us and at high altitudes it's gonna crystallize and probably give us what we call snow. Probably will be some accumulation but here in Punxsutawney our high is gonna get up to about 30 today, teens tonight. Chance of precipitation about 20% today, 20% tomorrow. Did you want to talk about the weather or were you just making chit chat?
- But because February 2 is this Sunday, today is the appropriate day for this comic. 220.127.116.11 14:39, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
Does Minnesota have anything to do with the actual comic? --18.104.22.168 21:36, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
Article: "In title text, a clerk instead makes small talk about Derinkuyu Underground Cities" Title Text: "store clerks aren't like 'hey, how 'bout those Derinkuyu underground cities!'" (emphasis mine) 22.214.171.124 23:08, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
This could still use an explanation for "Think it'll verify?" 126.96.36.199 08:11, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
Cueball's opening line isn't too bad. A lot of people are vaguely aware of the jet stream layer, because it affects flying. If they aren't, it's at least composed of common words that don't baffle them. 188.8.131.52 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
This is me when I used to want to be a meteorologist when I was 12. I'd constantly baffle people talking about cumulonimbus clouds and how lightning worked and downdraft regions and stuff like that, and things like that. Nowadays I intentionally avoid small talk by obfuscating my response with esoteric jargon, so that people understand I'm a nerd, and that I don't do small talk. The universe is too big for small talk. International Space Station (talk) 08:54, 8 October 2015 (UTC)