1034: Share Buttons
Title text: The only post to achieve perfect balance between the four was a hilarious joke about Mark Zuckerberg getting caught using a pseudonym to sneak past the TSA.
- Twitterers are often stereotyped as constantly trying to be funny; hence, the article on stand-up comedy is shared most on Twitter.
- Conspiracy theory articles play well on Reddit, especially if they are against the Christian Right and for Wikipedia, as there is a loud and large atheist community on Reddit.
- "Boycott Facebook" articles are ironically popular on Facebook. Google+, being semantically akin to Facebook, also has a significant anti-Facebook community. One of the punchlines is that Google+ is struggling and not used much.
- The last article gets almost no shares at all — not many want to admit they are reading an article about a RealDoll, a type of sex doll. (Also mentioned in Game AIs and Flying Cars.) The only sharers are from Google+, the exact meaning of which is unclear. Could it be that the few people at Google+ easily can feel quite lonely there, or that they feel that they can share anything, since no one will see it anyway?
The title text humorously combines appealing subjects for all four networks:
- a hilarious joke – Twitter, same as above.
- about Mark Zuckerberg – founder of Facebook.
- using a pseudonym – referencing a controversy about real names on Google+.
- to sneak past the TSA – Reddit, a conspiracy theory as above.
- [A series of article titles with four share buttons underneath each: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Google+]
- Breaking Into Stand-up Comedy
- FB: 3, Twitter: 1,781, Reddit: 2, G+: 0
- How the Christian Right Threatens Wikipedia
- FB: 1, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 2,241, G+: 3
- Boycott Facebook Today!
- FB: 248k, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 74
- DIY: Installing a Custom ROM on a Realdoll
- FB: 0, Twitter: 0, Reddit: 0, G+: 2
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!