explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Revision as of 16:03, 18 January 2013 by Classhole
Title text: I mean, the black-and-white stuff was running backward, but it hardly mattered to the story.
|This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect. If you see a way to improve it, edit it! Thanks.|
- [Man and woman standing by a train]
- Woman: I'm bad at goodbyes. At some level I never think they're for real.
- Man: They make me think of T. H. White's Merlin.
- Woman: Oh?
- Man: He lived backwards, remembering the future and not the past. To him, final goodbyes meant nothing, while first hellos were tearful and bittersweet.
- Woman: Huh - so over the years he'd forget all his friends.
- Must've been lonely.
- Man: Yeah. He ended up just sitting around at home watching DVDs all day. The best was the time he rented 'Memento'...
- [Merlin is sitting in front of a couch, watching TV]
- Merlin: Well, that was straightforward.