Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Despite how advanced technology is, we (in early 2013) still have yet to create a machine that replicates itself, an accomplishment to which only biological organisms can lay a claim.
A Von Neumann machine refers to what is usually called "Von Neumann probe" or "Self replicating machine", a machine that is capable of building a fully functional copy of itself.
add a comment!
- [Cueball is inspecting Megan's crotch.]
- Cueball: It's neat how you contain a factory for making more of you.
- "OOH! Von Neumann and Harvard machines! My favorite subject! How did you know?" - Lcarsos
- [...because you just told me, moderator!] Greyson (talk) 18:53, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
It seems to me that Cueball is examining Megan's abdomen (where her uterus, the "factory" itself, is contained), rather than her crotch as stated by the Explain XKCD description. It's not just the logic, but also the shape of Cueball's head (which may just be an artifact of the drawing process). Does anyone agree, or is it probably just me? JET73L (talk) 17:14, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- It's there in the official transcript.18.104.22.168 15:08, 11 February 2013 (UTC)