722: Computer Problems
Title text: This is how I explain computer problems to my cat. My cat usually seems happier than me.
Cueball explains to Megan that he is having computer problems. Normally, he is able to manipulate a "pattern" on his "metal rectangle full of little lights" (a reasonable, if oversimplified description of generated images displayed on a monitor). Today, however, the "pattern" is "all wrong". Megan suggests that he might be able to fix it by pressing more buttons, but following her advice doesn't seem to have the desired effect.
According to the title text, Randall uses a similar technique to explain his computer problems to his cat.
Randall likes to make an effort to explain things for simple minds.
- [Cueball and Megan are looking at his computer, on the desk.]
- Cueball: You know this metal rectangle full of little lights?
- Megan: Yeah.
- Cueball: I spend most of my life pressing buttons to make the pattern of lights change however I want.
- Megan: Sounds good.
- Cueball: But today, the pattern of lights is all wrong!
- Megan: Oh god! Try pressing more buttons!
- Cueball: IT'S NOT HELPING!