Title text: Oh God, the tornado picked up snakes!
This comic is about phobias and being afraid of specific and non-specific things. The blonde is afraid of snakes, while Megan as usual acts overly philosophical and says that she is not afraid of snakes, but instead afraid of putting off personal dreams and ambitions for too long.
In attempt to address the problem of having fears, both women decide to follow one of Megan's ambitions and become storm chasers - individuals who pursue severe weather conditions, for either scientific investigation or providing media coverage or an adventure. Ironically, chasing adverse weather, especially tornadoes, is more dangerous than the things that cause the original phobias of the main characters. Indeed, one's ability to control the risk while being near tornado is far less than one's ability to control the risk of being bitten by a snake; the tornado is violent and unpredictable, while snakes only attack humans when they feel threatened. Additionally, one needs to deliberately expose oneself to the snake in order to have any risk of being attacked.
The second element of irony in this comic is that while observing the adverse weather, the main characters notice that the snakes have been picked up by the tornado, and now, in addition to being exposed to the violence of weather, the main characters are also exposed to snakes again.
- [A blonde woman and Megan observe a snake on the ground.]
- Blonde: Whoa, a snake!
- Megan: Cool!
- Blonde: I'm afraid of snakes.
- [The brunette looks pensive.]
- Megan: I'm afraid of saying "Everything's complicated right now, but maybe next year" until there are no more years left.
- [The blonde considers her response.]
- [Megan cuts her off mid-sentence.]
- Blonde: Do you-
- Megan: I want to be a storm chaser.
- [A tornado reaches from the black storm clouds to the earth, kicking up a sizable cloud of debris at its base. The blonde woman is at the wheel of a car, Megan hanging out the window and holding a camera.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!