827: Business Idea
Many people have shared Cueball's experience of seeing someone else make profit from an idea that they themselves had. The comic plays with the thought of what would happen if intellectual property thinking was taken to an extreme, and if companies or people were more keen on "setting things right" than money.
- [Cueball is sitting at his desk, pointing at his laptop.]
- Cueball: Dude! I had this idea like five years ago, and some company just got rich doing it! - I want my cut.
- [Cueball starts typing.]
- Person off-screen: That's not how it works.
- Cueball: Sure it is. I'm applying for my share now.
- Person: Wait, what?
- [A browser window with the title 'Department of Ideas'. It has a series of text boxes.]
- Date you had the idea:
- Like five years ago.
- Proof you had it:
- I told my friend Mike - you can ask him! I was all "you know what would make a great business idea?" and he was all...
- Their profit so far:
- Share you deserve (be fair!):
- Mailing address:
- 137 Ash Tree Ln
- [Cueball still at the laptop, above him is a SUBMIT button, and it shows a pointing hand cursor.]
- [Last panel set slightly lower than the rest.]
- [Cueball is in front of an open box full of cash, with cash in his hand. A FedEx delivery guy is on the other side of the box with his little electronic signing thing.]