Title text: The LINACs in the glasses frames can barely manage one MeV. You should've gone to the screening at CERN.
String theory hypothesizes that there are many more than 3 dimensions, it's just that we can't see the rest because they're "rolled up." A common metaphor is an ant on a tightrope--it has two degrees of freedom, one along the rope and one around it, but from far away we can only see one.
So Black Hat released his 2D movie about string theory in "3D", and claimed that the third dimension was there--just too small to see.
- [People are lined up to see a movie.]
- Premiering Tonight:
- String Theory:
- An expose
- Presented In 3D!
- [The people are in a dark theater, fiddling with their glasses.]
- [The people approach black hat guy, who's sitting at a desk.]
- Megan: Your movie was a ripoff.
- Cueball: It wasn't 3D at all!
- Black Hat: Was too.
- Black Hat: It's just that the third dimension is tightly rolled up and too small to observe at normal energies.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!