Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Title text: I usually respond to someone else doing something good by figuring out a reason that they're not really as good as they seem. But I've been realizing lately that there's an easier way to handle these situations, and it involves zero internet arguments.
Maybe donating for Malaria would just have been to silence Cueball's conscience, and Megan's comment made him realize that he really wanted to spend all the money on games. In any case, it seemed to give the opposite effect than intended.
- Cueball: I'm going to buy this $10 game I want, and I'm donating $10 for malaria eradication.
- Megan: If you actually cared, you'd skip the game and donate all $20.
- Megan: What's more important? Games, or mosquito nets and medicine for kids?
- Cueball: I think I'm going to buy these two $10 games I want.
- Friend: Cool; which ones?
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
What's with the '0 internet arguments' in the title text? I don't get that part. Runxctry (talk) 15:04, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- I did add a small explain on this but I think it's still incomplete.--Dgbrt (talk) 18:16, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Isn't he only holding one game? 22.214.171.124 17:07, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- I think that is actually a phone, so he could be either browsing a site like gamestop to buy PC/console games, or thinking about buying apps. Athang (talk) 14:44, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
How much do the directors of the charity get paid?
I used Google News BEFORE it was clickbait (talk) 00:17, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
Randall is sexist :P Vctr (talk) 21:06, 18 April 2015 (UTC) Vctr
sorry, but they destroy all fish's life: see NY times etc.: mosquito-nets-for-malaria-spawn-new-epidemic-overfishing -- 126.96.36.199 12:07, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
My favorite whine is about celebrities endorsing 'causes'. They are essentially saying something like 'I have millions of dollars, and this cause is close to my heart. However, I won't give any of my money. Rather, I'll sing a beautiful song. And then you, wage-earner with modest disposable income, should donate money to the cause; while I get honors and recognition for all the money I raised." Mountain Hikes (talk) 03:46, 6 January 2016 (UTC)