Title text: The best hugs are probably from hagfish, which can extrude microscopic filaments that convert a huge volume of water around them to slime in seconds. Instant cozy blanket!
Concerning the hagfish - "Their unusual feeding habits and slime-producing capabilities have led members of the scientific and popular media to dub the hagfish as the most 'disgusting' of all sea creatures."
- [Ponytail and Cueball are discussing science. They are interrupted by an off-panel shout.]
- Ponytail: The problem with scientists is that you take the wonder and beauty out of everything by trying to analyze it.
- Megan: Dude!
- [Megan runs across the panel, carrying a microscope and a slime mold.]
- Megan: My plasmoidal slime molds have heightened pigment production! Check out that yellow color! That actually makes them zinc-resistant. Amazing, huh?
- [The slime mold is proferred to the same human who was speaking earlier. The close up hides Megan's face.]
- Ponytail: It looks like dog barf.
- Megan: Hah, yeah! F. Septica is nicknamed "dog vomit slime mold." Cool, huh? Check out my slides!
- [Megan has set down the microscope on the floor of the panel, and the slime mold is jiggling.]
- Ponytail: Okay, never mind: What's wrong with scientists is that you do see wonder and beauty in everything.
- Ponytail: Oh God, it's moving!
- Megan: It wants to hug you! So cute!