94: Profile Creation Flowchart
|Profile Creation Flowchart|
Title text: This one goes out to xxCrazyPixie1987xx
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: |
Please include the reason why this explanation is incomplete, like this:
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
AIM (short for AOL Instant Messenger) offered its users profile pages to share info about themselves or their friends. Randall notes that these pages fall into one of three categories:
- People without friends or significant others linked to their LiveJournal;
- People with friends and significant others would celebrate it all over their page;
- Sometimes people with friends would fill their profile with inside jokes only their friends could understand.
Both AIM and LiveJournal were known for their teenage user base, as shown by the title text's fictional AIM screen name.
- [A flowchart is shown.]
- Have Friends? - No - Link to your LiveJournal
- Have Friends? - Yes, and want to alienate everyone else - INSIDE JOKES!
- Have Friends? - Yes - Have Boyfriend/ Girlfriend? - No - Angsty about it? - Yes - Link to your LiveJournal
- Angsty about it? - No - Yes you are - Angsty about it?
- Have Boyfriend/Girlfriend? - Yes - A profile tribute is the greatest possible expression of love.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!