996: Making Things Difficult
|Making Things Difficult|
Title text: Favorite mastectomy breast prosthesis idea: a fake boob containing a spare rechargable battery, accessed via a nipple USB port. Complete with a ring of LED charge indicators in the areola!
This comic is a reference to the breast cancer surgery that someone in Randall's family recently underwent. This comic is the follow up appointment after the surgery. When the doctor asks Megan to take her shirt off, she refuses until the doctor gives her a necklace of beads that, in the New Orleans Mardi Gras culture, is used to exchange for the exposure of a female's breasts.
So, by Megan saying "You know the rules", that indicates that Megan has stipulated that every time she takes off her shirt for the doctor, a necklace of beads must be exchanged.
At the top of the comic page there is a link to a blog posting that talked about the real world events leading up to this comic.
- Breast Cancer Surgery Follow-Up
- Oncologist: You're looking great! Remove your top so I can check how the incision is healing.
- Megan: Nuh-uh.
- Oncologist: *sigh*. Do we have to do this *every* time?
- Megan: You know the rules.
- Oncologist: This is so ridiculous.
- [Oncologist annoyedly searches for something in pockets]
- Oncologist: Here.
- [Oncologist waves around a Mardi Gras bead necklace]
- Megan: Woooo!
- [Megan disrobes]