Earth : Terrible storyline, feel depressed afterward. Controls buggy.
- My advice would be to look at different storylines. 18.104.22.168 14:24, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- There's more than one? I wish I knew what the storyline was even supposed to be; it's not like the minigames where if you ask enough NPCs you can find one to clue you in on what to do next. --22.214.171.124 10:29, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
- It is in our power to choose fear, frustration, and despair or the alternative story line of love, joy, and freedom. Rtanenbaum (talk) 15:06, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- thank you for that :D Bischoff (talk) 16:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
New servers opening soon! 126.96.36.199 13:42, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- "Huge World" would imply that the game type is first or third person, with the player taking control of a character in that world. In this sense, I think it's appropriate for the controls to be in reference to movement of the character. If the game type were management or simulation, I think you would be correct. Cgrimes85 (talk) 14:03, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- "Huge World" so much to explore, could take more than a lifetime. Very few ever reach master level but general satisfaction is possible for every serious player, and the game Creator is accessible at any time. Rtanenbaum (talk) 15:06, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Game creator accessible? Seriously? When was the last time he fixed some bug? -- Hkmaly (talk) 23:39, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- The Earth is abandonware...
- I feel I can GUARANTEE he's talking about it's hard to figure out how to navigate the world, figure out life, etc. The usual "I'm awkward and other people aren't" stuff. I often deeply identify with him, LOL! Just like playing an unfamiliar game and having a hard time figuring out the controls, how to do things in the game, he's saying he's having trouble "figuring out the controls" of real life. NiceGuy1 (talk) 03:22, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
Perhaps this is a reference to the recent Public Policy Polling survey http://publicpolicypollling.blogspot.com/2011/07/evaluating-god.html whcih asked people about God's job performance. God received his highest rating on his "handling of creating the universe" with 71% in favor of the universe and 5% opposed.
- correct link is http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/07/evaluating-god.html (but it’s a rather boring 8 year old fluff piece, I very much doubt that Randall was even aware of its existence) 188.8.131.52 01:55, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
Dan Loeb [email protected], 11:50, 21 August 2019 (ET)
"gun violence, sexual violence, poverty", etc, are really human's problems rather than Earth's problems.
- It really depends on your point of view. If you consider Earth as just a rock flying through space global warming isn't really an issue either. Bischoff (talk) 16:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
To be honest I think this comic is a bit lazy for xkcd standards. The whole joke of "I went outside today, the graphics are amazing but controls suck" is years old and was never really good in my opinion. I've seen several comics where Randal reused old jokes and put a clever spin on them or extended them in a new fashion that I'm disappointed Randall essentially copy&pasted this one. Bischoff (talk) 16:26, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Personally, I was hoping for something on the announcement of KSP 2 :P
I'm reminded of this comic by the SMBC guy (better known as Emergency Backup Randall Munroe) which features a hypothetical site which can host such a review, and also two Black Hats. Some folks also made a subreddit that actually implements the idea. --184.108.40.206 18:03, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Multiplayer sucks. Needs to have a single-player mode. [unsigned]
- Nothing in the comic says this is Randall speaking, just like we assume Cueball is his main alter-ego, we assume when he says "My" he's talking more specifically as Randall rather than as Cueball. But that's our assumption. Really, all the characters in xkcd are speaking Randall, whatever he wants them to speak, and we can't know for certain to what degree their words and activities line up with Randall's own beliefs. -boB (talk) 14:52, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- Actually it's widely accepted (myself included) that Cueball is essentially Randall. The way I see it, Cueball is generally Randall's self image (a la Tha Matrix) and/or his fantasy self. So maybe Randall has a thought "Look at those squirrels, imagine them hooked up to a mini Ben Hur chariot", which results in a comic where Cueball hooks up a couple of squirrels to a mini chariot. :) NiceGuy1 (talk) 04:24, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
- It's a running What If? joke where Randall would put citation needed tags on obvious statements such as "The sun is very bright." We sometimes do the same things when writing explanations in Explain xkcd. Herobrine (talk) 12:39, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- Awwww, it's gone now! There are some selfish inconsiderate jerks around who have decided the joke is tired and old and not funny anymore who remove them, they can't seem to get it through their heads that there are many of use who continue to find it funny every time. :) My favourite might be "a baby couldn't plan and execute a jewel heist ". This is the first I hear that Randall started it, LOL! Makes sense. It had looked like it started with the comic Citation Needed.NiceGuy1 (talk) 04:24, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
The solar system as a whole is even bigger, but nearly completely empty. Only one star. 220.127.116.11 14:10, 22 August 2019 (UTC)
There is no Tutorial. No Walkthrough. And the Instruction manual is missing. Saibot84 19:41, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- There are lots of instruction manuals... and lots of debates about which is THE instruction manual. -boB (talk) 20:21, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
A glitch appers when posting this image as whatsapp status
Posting this image as a WhatsApp status produces a glitch in character "E" of word great. Kinda shocking but it has been verified by me and my friend.