Talk:2593: Deviled Eggs
- Shouldn't that be "created by a CHICKEN", anyway? Although I suppose the chicken was created by an egg...126.96.36.199 12:24, 16 March 2022 (UTC)
The blue flash mentioned in the title text represents Cherenkov Radiation. In the case of the Demon Core accidents, those who saw the blue flashes saw it because of gamma radiation being slowed by the fluid inside of their eyeballs. 188.8.131.52 02:46, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
- Not according to [Wikipedia]. There it says that the blue glow in criticality incidents such as those with the demon core is not from Cherenkov radiation.
- To quote that same wikipedia article on that specific point: [Citation needed.] The article explains a blue glow after an ionizing event, but it doesn't explain the blue flash during the event. 184.108.40.206 08:37, 12 May 2023 (UTC)
- Not really. It's four examples that happen to be two-by-two, no reason to need to keep/restore the row-neighbours and column-neighbours. It'd just potentially look messy.
- (If you're suggesting table of "Name | Description | ... ", with four rows within, then it would be consistent with other explanations, but unnecessarily white-space heavy compared to the current minor-header and explanatory paragraph(s) format.) 220.127.116.11 07:36, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
A comment was misplaced below this discussion form. I tried to delete it but ended up deleting the whole discussion section for a moment. Would someone take care of that? 18.104.22.168 03:24, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
If anyone is curious about what the demon core event looked like, the movie "Fat Man and Little Boy" (1989) while (hilariously) bad, has a fairly accurate scene depicting the second experiment, which can be found on YouTube. 22.214.171.124 14:23, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
I think something could be added about why the Demon Core is so famous at the moment. 126.96.36.199 16:24, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
- Is this referencing recent events that have brought the Cherynobyl nuclear complex (and its Chernobyl disaster/criticality incident) into the headlines? Mwarren (talk) 17:16, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
Is demon egg a pun on demon and devil being synonymous? 2a02:1810:2f04:1d00:5dfb:d515:b384:91a3 11:33, 08 Jun 2022 (UTC)
- Well, yes and no. And they're loosely synonymous, at best, with classically the Devil may have many demons doing his bidding (you may have many devils, as subordinate mischief-makers, but there is rarely but one Demon in existence within a mythology, except insofar as a Demon King, overload of the various demonic substrata by whatever names) but enough for it to be an easy (or understandable) switch in terminology. Clearly a relationship, but too broad to be a full-on pun, IMO. 188.8.131.52 12:32, 8 June 2022 (UTC)