Talk:2757: Towed Message
I hear there were plane(s) pulling banners (Draftkings) around the Boston area yesterday (MLB opening day), perhaps that influenced Randall. JohnHawkinson (talk) 23:31, 31 March 2023 (UTC)
I think that he edited the sign midflight somehow. --Purah126 (talk) 00:06, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
Also, how do they answer the telephone call mid-flight? --Purah126 (talk) 01:59, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
- Well, they didn't, but that means they flew out of range of any suitable cell towers before any call came in. Which is their oversight/error given that it should be easier to maintain line-of-sight than if you're stuck on the ground in a canyon or something.
- Otherwise, I'm sure they could waggle the stick with one hand whilst holding the handset to their ear with the other. I'm sure the FAA has rules against it (given that many jurisdictions don't like drivers driving whilst on a phone) but probably the least of the problems for a pilot who has to deal with a banner that they don't know how to handle... 18.104.22.168 03:06, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
- Or, y'know, voice control... remote headset...22.214.171.124 08:53, 4 April 2023 (UTC)
- I also don't think that there are any exchanges left in the USA which will accept a seven-digit number, the area code must be included. I reckon Randall understood this, and drew accordingly, to further protect against an 867-5309 incident. As for the call that went through, convenient for the joke. Or maybe White Hat made it.126.96.36.199 20:52, 3 April 2023 (UTC)
Is it some kind of self-reference? 2659: Unreliable Connection 02:03, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
Actual answer: Fly over an open field and pull the lever that releases the cable, letting the sign fall to the ground. Then land normally.
Is this supposed to be the April Fools comic, but a day early, or is that comic late?20:21, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
- I can't wait for the April Fools comic! --Purah126 (talk) 15:19, 2 April 2023 (UTC)
I noticed that image quality on the comics seems to have dropped, I wonder if this is some kind of quiet joke.
There is a similar theme in 1927: Tinder -- KingPenguin (talk) 01:52, 6 April 2023 (UTC)
I like the alternate title text explanation that the pilot has been flying for so long that their cell phone service was deactivated. Kind of like the bus driver from that one Cyanide and Happiness video. 188.8.131.52 02:31, 7 April 2023 (UTC)