Title text: I think it's the sheep zapping the cactus and not vice-versa
Due to Randall's vacation he picked out comics from his old high-school notebooks. This is the second in a row. It was also released a day too late.
It is a very weird drawing, especially with the title text proclaiming that it may be the sheep that is zapping the cactus.
It may be a Pokémon reference, with the sheep being Mareep, and the cactus being Cacnea or Cacturne.
Also see this poem by Scott.
- Another from my high-school notebooks.
- [A sheep and a potted saguaro cactus linked by an arcing yellow electricity bolt, drawn on graph paper.]
- This was the 37th comic originally posted to LiveJournal.
- Original title: "Friday's Drawing - Sheep"
- Original Randall quote: "I'm still on vacation, sorry this is a bit late. I forgot what day it was. Anyway, I'll be back Monday, possibly with new drawings about cereal!"
- This was the reason the Friday comic came out on a Saturday for the second week running.
- The one about cereal came out on Wednesday: 38: Apple Jacks
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- It was posted along with all 41 comics posted before that on LiveJournal as well as a few others.
- The latter explaining why the numbers of these 41 LiveJournal comics ranges from 1-44.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
 Poem by Scott
In the comment to the original LiveJournal post there was a user called Scott who posted this original poem:
- I had a little cactus and I treasured it with pride,
- admiring its spines and dainty flowers.
- Until the day - oh tragic day! - when it was RAMIFIED,
- by a ram with strange psychokinetic powers.
- Baaing deep, this shaman sheep came whiffling through the brambles.
- It gazed upon my cactus and, with yellow flash and thudrous crash,
- with dashing, brash, and rash panache,
- it blew the plant to shambles.
- I was, I confess, horrified - I sat and cried my eyes out!
- Oh stupid sheep, satanic sheep, so wrong and rash and willful!
- I nursed the cactus best I could, till finally it came about.
- It grows apace now, once again, but all it blooms is steel wool!
[And then in another post beneath this posted four minutes after the poem at 4:57 UTC (AM?) he finished with:]
- Oh God I need sleep!
If this is the Scott that is a friend of Randall is not entirely clear...
 Other poems
- Mary had a little lamp
- She tied it to a pylon
- Ten thousand volt went up its a**
- And turned its wool to nylon.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!