Explain xkcd: It's 'cause you're dumb.
Black Hat is one of the most cool-headed characters in the comic. Megan notices Black Hat facing away from Cueball and her, and decides to play a simple, childish prank on him: sneaking up from behind and shouting "Boo!".
Not only does she succeed in startling Black Hat, he is so terrified that he hides himself completely in his hat. For a moment, it looks like Black Hat has disappeared altogether. But then his hat inches away, showing that he's still underneath, despite the obvious size difference.
The title text is really only "...", like in 455.
- [Cueball and Megan standing to one side, looking and pointing at Black Hat who is facing away.]
- [Megan sneaks up on Black Hat.]
- [Close-up of Megan with hands raised.]
- Megan: Boo!
- [Black Hat looks shocked, and his hat jumps.]
- [The hat falls down over his head.]
- [The hat keeps falling, with only his legs still visible.]
- [The hat hits the ground.]
- [Cueball and Megan look at the hat.]
add a comment!
- [The hat scurries away.]
- SCOOCH SCOOCH SCOOCH
What is there to explain here? Alpha (talk) 04:02, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Looks like an analogy to some animal. --Kronf (talk) 14:55, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
It is a little wierd that it comes in between the third and fourth in the Journal series where he is shown to be pretty badass. However, he loses the hat in 377: Journal 2 and then regains it in 405: Journal 3 because - as he says: I LIKE my hat and then we see in his next apperance here how he can use the hat in an emergency... In the next Black hat comic 432: Journal 4 after this one he is depressed and has to seek out the woman of his life already in the next published commic: 433: Journal 5. It thus seems weird with this one to interupt the journal flow? Unless it was to show he has a human side... Kynde (talk) 19:08, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I did remove your edit. Please focus on explanations and not references to other comics here. We do have categories here to cover that. A simple close connection to an other comic can be mentioned at the trivia section. I'm sorry, but the explain section should explain the comic itself. --Dgbrt (talk) 23:28, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
Is there a list of comics with little or no alttext like this one? 22.214.171.124
16:15, 28 June 2014 (UTC)