Title text: It gets worse! You know that wizened old monk with the gypsy wife whose voodoo shop we smash up every day after school?
Megan and Rob are horrified to discover that the bones they had dug up and turned into puppets were actually from an ancient Indian or presumably Native American's burial ground. The joke is that they already seem to know that they were Indian bones, so their origins really shouldn't come as a surprise. They actually already know that they are desecrating something holy - hence the title.
A common trope in horror fiction is that anyone defiling an ancient Indian burial ground will have a horrible curse cast upon them. Another common trope is having a curse cast upon oneself by a gypsy or voodoo woman, or a wizened wizard or monk as mentioned in the title text.
Megan and Rob seem to be unknowingly, and stupidly, angering every supernatural being and force in their entire town, thus setting themselves up for at least a dozen potential horror plots at the same time.
A common complaint about many horror stories is that the protagonists are flat out stupid in order to make the plot and horror work. This comic deliberately targets and makes fun of this, mocking the obliviousness that many stock horror characters show as to getting themselves into trouble with supernatural forces.
- [Megan running towards Rob.]
- Megan: ROB! ROB!
- Rob: You look terrified! What's wrong?
- Megan: We've made a huge mistake!
- [Both standing in place, Megan has hands up in an explaining gesture.]
- Megan: Remember last week when we dug up all those Indian bones and made puppets out of them?
- Rob: Sure...
- [Megan is throwing her arms out.]
- Megan: It turns out they were buried over an ancient Indian burial ground!
- Rob: Oh my God!