966: Jet Fuel
Title text: The 'controlled demolition' theory was concocted by the government to distract us. '9/11 was an inside job' was an inside job!
This comic is a reference to the "9/11 Was An Inside Job" theory that the World Trade Center in New York City was blown up by a "controlled demolition". Hairy uses the typical argument and Cueball one ups the craziness and of course Hairy eats it up. The Chemtrails conspiracy theory is (one form of) a completely different conspiracy theory which says that (exactly as Cueball does) the US Government puts chemicals and mind control agents in jets and airliners to subtly have US citizens ingest the agents.
And the title text is the natural "double down" on a theory which says that the conspiracy theory itself was concocted by the government and was supposed to distract from the truth, a parodic theory already seen in South Park episode Mystery of the Urinal Deuce.
For those wondering: it is true that kerosene does not burn hot enough in air to melt steel, but it does burn hot enough to cut the steel's supporting strength roughly in half, which is more than enough to collapse a building weighing thousands of tons. (Although standard engineering practice is to use a safety factor of three, and a safety factor of two is sufficient to allow for a 50% reduction in strength, over half of the columns in the two towers were severed in the initial impact, increasing the stress on the remaining columns.)
Cueball messing with 9/11 truther conspiracy theorists was also the subject of 690: Semicontrolled Demolition, and in 496: Secretary: Part 3 Black Hat claims the Twin Towers never actually collapsed. Chemtrails are mentioned again later in 1677: Contrails and 1803: Location Reviews.
- [Hairy throws his arms out as he talks to Cueball, who answers while lifting a hand palm up.]
- Hairy: 9/11 was an inside job! Jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel!
- Cueball: Well, remember — jet fuel wasn't the only thing on those planes. They would've also carried tanks full of the mind-control agents airliners use to make chemtrails.
- Cueball: Who knows what temperature that stuff burns at!
- Hairy: Whoa.
- Hairy: Good point!
- [Caption below the panel:]
- My Hobby: Playing conspiracy theories off against each other.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!