502: Dark Flow
Title text: The Pioneer anomaly is due to the force of my love.
This comic is about astronomy and the Your Mom jokes that have become increasingly widespread in the urban dictionary. Beret Guy is going through a research paper, which hypothesized about galaxies being drawn towards one another by a super massive object. His friend, who is playing, sees this as an opportunity to turn it into yet another Your Mom joke, implying that Beret Guy's mother is fat.
But apparently, Beret Guy's mother is dead, or at least missing, and he takes the joke seriously. he looks toward the sky, and wishes that his mom pulls harder, so he could be with her. The joke has been turned onto itself.
The title text is a continuation of Beret Guy's thoughts and refers to another piece of science phenomenon that has been observed in space, the Pioneer Anomaly. The Pioneer spacecraft had been slowed down by an unknown force as they exited the solar system, which he says to be caused by the force of his love.
- Man in beret: According to the A.S.T paper, every galaxy is being pulled toward one area of the sky
- Man in beret [off-panel]: They hypothesize that it may be due to a supermassive object beyond the edge of the visible universe.
- Man on the couch: Maybe it's your mom - Zing!
- Man in the beret: Do you think?
- [Outside at night. Man in the beret is looking through a telescope.]
- Man in beret: Pull Harder, Mom. - I Miss you.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!