966: Jet Fuel
Title text: The 'controlled demolition' theory was concocted by the government to distract us. '9/11 was an inside job' was an inside job!
This comic is a reference to the "9/11 Was An Inside Job" theory that the World Trade Center in New York City was blown up by a "controlled demolition". The guy with the weird hair only on the back of his head (balding?) uses the typical argument and Cueball one ups the craziness and of course the balding guy eats it up. The Chemtrails conspiracy theory is a completely different conspiracy theory which says that (exactly as Cueball does) the US Government puts chemicals and mind control agents in jets and airliners to subtly have US citizens ingest the agents.
And the title text is the natural "double down" on a theory which says that the conspiracy theory itself was concocted by the government and was supposed to distract from the truth, a parodic theory already seen in South Park episode Mystery of the Urinal Deuce.
For those wondering: it is true that kerosene does not burn hot enough to melt steel, but it does burn hot enough to cut the steel's supporting strength roughly in half, which is more than enough to collapse a building weighing thousands of tons. (Although standard engineering practice is to use a safety factor of three, and a safety factor of two is sufficient to allow for a 50% reduction in strength, several columns were severed in the initial impact, increasing the stress on the remaining columns.)
Cueball messing with 9/11 truther conspiracy theorists was also the subject of 690: Semicontrolled Demolition.
- [Two people are having a conversation.]
- Person: 9/11 was an inside job! Jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel!
- Cueball: Well, remember — jet fuel wasn't the only thing on those planes. They would've also carried tanks full of the mind-control agents airliners use to make chemtrails. Who knows what temperature that stuff burns at!
- Person: Whoa. Good point!
- My Hobby: Playing conspiracy theories off against each other.