Dr. Ian Malcolm: Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant, you've heard of chaos theory? No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractions? Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe that you aren't familiar with the concept of attraction. 184.108.40.206 05:09, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- Dr. Ian Malcolm: See, here I'm now sitting by myself, uh, er, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos theory.  220.127.116.11 05:12, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quotes -- they really helped with writing the explanation! 18.104.22.168 06:07, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Why write 'third sequel' instead of 'fourth film'? It's quite confusing as I initially misread it to be the third instalment instead of sequel. 22.214.171.124 06:43, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- No particular reason. I've changed it.126.96.36.199 06:51, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Top-left in the in-comic diagram(s) appears to be a 'fern', another fractal construct which may also be an incidental reference to the native flora of the Jurassic (and non-Jurassic) eras of the dinosaurs. 188.8.131.52 08:49, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
"phase space, nonlinear equations, and strange attractors" is not a quote from the movie. The script contains:
- Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler -- you've heard of Chaos Theory?
- (shaking her head)
- No? Non-linear equations? Strange attractions?
- (again, she shrugs)
- Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe that you are not familiar with the concept of attraction!
Can the most recent editor finish their sentence? 184.108.40.206 20:22, 7 February 2019 (UTC)