2122: Size Venn Diagram
|Size Venn Diagram|
Title text: Terms I'm going to start using: The Large Dipper, great potatoes, the Big Hadron Collider, and Large Orphan Annie.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by a Large Terror. Please mention here why this explanation isn't complete. Do NOT delete this tag too soon.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
This comic is a Venn diagram illustrating the complete set of possible intersections of five different size descriptors: "little, "large", "small", and "great", “big”. Each unique intersection contains a short list of terms that can be preceded by each applicable descriptor. For example, "flying fox" (a type of bat) appears at the intersection of "large", "small", and "great", because the species large flying fox, small flying fox, and great flying fox all exist, but there is no such species as a "big flying fox" or a "little flying fox". Small intestine and large intestine both exist, not the rest.
Some descriptors are applied in pairs; for example, "planet" is placed to be in both the "little" and "big" groups, a reference to the video game Little Big Planet.
The title text has Randall suggesting he will start using term combinations that don't appear in the above diagram.
- Big: Bang Theory, Enchilada, Board, Sur
- Little: Orphan Annie, House on the Prairie, Richard
- Large: format, Millimeter Telescope, Hadron Collider
- Small: claims court, potatoes
- Great: Barrier Reef, Wall of China, Depression, Terror, aunt
- Big/Great: Bend, Bear Lake
- Big/Small: time, screen
- Big/Little: Dipper/Dipper, Planet, Lies/lie, sister/sister
- Little/Great: Blue Heron
- Little/Large: Professor/Professor, Forest Bat
- Big/Large: Toothed Aspen
- Large/Small: intestine, Magellanic Cloud
- Little/Small: wonder, soldiers
- Small/Great: pox, cardiac vein
- Large/Great: Billed Seed Finch
- Big/Large/Great: hearted
- Big/Small/Great: end
- Big/Little/Small: foot
- Big/Little/Great: league
- Little/Large/Great: (none)
- Big/Little/Large: foundation
- Big/Large/Small: Eyed Conger, Blue
- Little/Large/Small: emerald
- Little/Small/Great: circle, room
- Large/Small/Great: flying fox
- Big/Large/Small/Great: game, white
- Big/Little/Small/Great : world, one
- Big/Little/Large/Great : (none)
- Big/Little/Large/Small : frog
- Little/Large/Small/Great : (none)
- Big/Little/Large/Small/Great: Island
List of Items in the Diagram
|Blue||Nickname for IBM and the New York Giants, also a movie||butterfly||butterfly|
|Format||anything larger than 4x5 inches in photography|
|Hadron Collider||particle accelerator|
|House on the Prairie||novel (and TV)|
|Island||largest island in Hawaii||in Cork Harbour, Ireland||island in the Antilles, owned by Grenada||several islands named such, plus a song in Randy Newman's Faust||novel which was made into a movie|
|Orphan Annie||comic strip|
|Professor||rap artist||calculator (also Asperger's)|
|Toothed Aspen||tree (bigtooth)||tree|
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!