Title text: I'm looking to virally monetize your eyeballs by selling them for transplants.
| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: No explanation of the title-text.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
This comic is a shot at all the typical blogging and social media instruction that is given. Cueball indicates he believes great content is not the highest priority when writing a blog, relegating it to at least part three of the coverage. The person in the audience, who is representing the "normal people", shows that people actually go to blogs for good content and couldn't care less about the other "strategies" the person on the stage is talking about.
The title text takes a jab at blogs concerned with "viral content" and "monetization". That is, bloggers who are only concerned about their audience because said audience might potentially give you money. Here, the speaker in the title text drops some marketing jargon - "monetize the reader's eyeballs" - in order to disguise his true purpose: illegal organ harvesting.
- [Cueball stands on a stage before a large audience, holding a pointer and using it to highlight something on a screen behind him. He interacts with a member of the audience after making a point.]
- Cueball: The key to making a successful blog is building a relationship with your readers.
- Audience Member: I thought it was "make your updates good so people will want to read them."
- Cueball: We'll discuss content generation in part three.
- Audience Member: Awesome! I LOVE content.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!