5: Blown apart
Title text: Blown into prime factors
The title text explains the comic. An anthropomorphic number 70 is blown into its prime factors (2, 5 and 7). Prime numbers are numbers which can not be divided by any number other than itself and 1. Factors of a number are numbers which can be multiplied together to produce that number (2x5x7 = 70). 70 has other factors, including 1, 10, 14, 35 and 70, but 2, 5 and 7 are the only factors which are prime. All other factors of 70 (other than 1) can be formed by multiplying two (or three for 70 itself) of the prime factors together.
- [A black number 70 sees a red package.]
- 70: hey, a package!
- [The package explodes with a BOOM and an brown cloud of smoke.]
- [There are a red 7, a green 5 and a blue 2 lying near a scorched mark on the floor.]
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- The release date is given from - wayback.archive. At least the 25th of October was the first crawl date.
- This also explains why it was "released" on a Tuesday.
- On xkcd it was released for the first time to the public on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!