Title text: Day six: 'The hell? Who mails a bobcat?'
Cueball wrote a script that searches online shopping sites for items that cost US$1 with free shipping. Because the script is programmed to use an account with a $365 balance, this script will buy one random item per day. Megan coments that Cueball might just end up with "lots of crap" but replies that he might get something interesting.
Over five days the script orders a length of rubber hose, a ski mask, a bear trap, a map of The Pentagon and "lube". This pattern prompts Cueball to stop the script out of fear of being placed on a FBI watch list.
- [Cueball is sitting at his computer.]
- Cueball: I love getting packages.
- [Megan enters.]
- Cueball: I set up a script to search eBay et. al. (sic) for $1 items with free shipping.
- [Cueball checks his doorstop; a package is waiting for him.]
- Cueball: I gave it $365, so each day it can buy me something random.
- Megan: What if you just end up with lots of crap?
- Cueball: I'll give it away. But I'm sure I'll end up with some interesting stuff.
- [Day 1: Length of rubber hose.]
- Cueball: Could be handy around the house.
- [Day 2: Ski mask.]
- Cueball: It's spring, but hey.
- [Day 3: Bear trap.]
- Cueball: Huh.
- [Day 4: Tourist map of the Pentagon.]
- Megan: Uh oh.
- [Day 5: Lube]
- Cueball: I'm stopping this before I end up on every F.B.I. watch list ever.