5: Blown apart
Title text: Blown into prime factors
The title text explains the comic. An anthropomorphic number 70 is blown into its prime factors (2, 5 and 7). Prime numbers are numbers which can not be divided by any number other than itself and 1. Factors of a number are numbers which can be multiplied together to produce that number (2x5x7 = 70). 70 has other factors, including 1, 10, 14, 35 and 70, but 2, 5 and 7 are the only factors which are prime. All other factors of 70 (other than 1) can be formed by multiplying two of the prime factors together.
- [A black number 70 sees a red package.]
- 70: hey, a package!
- [The package explodes with a BOOM and an brown cloud of smoke.]
- [There are a red 7, a green 5 and a blue 2 lying near a scorched mark on the floor.]
- This comic was posted on xkcd when the web site opened on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- The release date is given from - wayback.archive. At least the 25th of October was the first crawl date.
- This also explains why it was "released" on a Tuesday.
- On xkcd it was released for the first time to the public on Sunday the 1st of January 2006.
- One of the original drawings drawn on checkered paper.
add a comment! ⋅ refresh comments!