729: Laser Pointer
Title text: It's a lasing cat-vity!
It is common to use a laser pointer as a cat toy because cats are attracted to the dot and attempt in vain to catch it in their paws. They will chase the dot as it moves around, sometimes pouncing on it or swiping at it with its claws, however they will never be able to catch it. This is very frustrating for cats(and dogs), because it triggers a hunting instinct, but removes the satisfaction of actually catching their prey
Cueball is messing with his cat with a laser pointer, however, he is unprepared when his cat pounces and successfully grabs the laser dot. As Cueball looks around and tries to figure out what happened to the laser, his cat licks it, before eating it and starting to glow with a red light.
By this point, the best choice would be to run away screaming, as normal cats cannot eat lasers and start to glow. However, before he can run, the cat shoots lasers from its eyes and disintegrates a surprised Cueball on the spot.
It is then revealed that everything that happened was, disappointingly (for cats deserve this moral victory over their owners with their large amount of morals), just a cat's dream. Only in its dreams can a cat successfully catch and consume the dot. Also, it is only in a dream that this will give it power to shoot laser light from its eyes, and vaporize the human in revenge for taunting it with the laser pointer.
The title text makes a pun on the chamber in which lasers are formed, known as a laser cavity.
- [Cueball points a laser pointer at the floor. A black cat crouches, staring at the red dot.]
- [The cat pounces.]
- [The cat lands with its paw on the dot, claws out.]
- [The cat tugs on the dot.]
- tug tug
- [Cueball tries to use the laser pointer, which is no longer emitting a beam.]
- Cueball: ??? click click
- [The cat nibbles on the red laser dot.]
- Cat: lick? nom nom
- [The cat arches, emitting red shock lines.]
- [The cat shoots lasers out of its eyes at Cueball, who is covered in a bright red glow.]
- Cueball: AUGH!
- [The right side of the panel is the end of a thought bubble.]
- [The black cat, sleeping, has dreamed the entire strip.]
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!