Isn't it quite unusual that Black Hat does not want to harm anyone in this comic? --Chtz (talk) 22:38, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
- There is no indication that Black Hat isn't trying to harm someone. We don't see Fred come out, and we have no idea what Black Hat put in that cake. Black Hat is standing back, not near the cake, which has lit
fuses candles on it, despite it not being a birthday cake.
- OTOH, this is only #142, from back in 2006. Maybe Black Hat wasn't quite so heartless back then. gijobarts (talk) 01:53, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
- Well the 72: Classhole comic came long before this. But I also think that when Randall shows that even a Classhole has a soft spot for Fred then it is really serious. So I do not think that Black Hat has anything up his sleeve against Fred. (Have deleted a sentence to that regard in the explanation when I just updated it) --Kynde (talk) 15:28, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- It shows later in the Journal series that Black Hat does have a heart, he just doesn't admit it. Dontknow (talk) 18:26, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- I agree with gijobarts. I think Black Hat put something dangerous in that cake, we just don't know what. He was probably acting sentimental to get Cueball to go along with it. Danish (talk) 18:08, 21 December 2020 (UTC)