Talk:2843: Professional Oaths
- Maybe that should be "hydrœlectric", then! 126.96.36.199 21:59, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
Clearly some lone editor had a grudge against hermeneutics, putting 'study' in scare quotes like that. AzureArmageddon 07:38, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
Hippopotamic Oath: First, lead your horse to water. 188.8.131.52 08:02, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
Hypobolic Oath: Do your worst! 184.108.40.206 09:55, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
- Nitpick: Hypochondriacs don't pretend to be sick, they believe they have an illness or are unduly worried about the possibility of having an illness. Someone who pretends to be sick is a malingerer. 220.127.116.11 16:43, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
"A hippodrome is a circular arena" The classical Greek/Roman was not circular: "One end of the ancient Greek hippodromos was semicircular, and the other end square with an extensive portico" Maybe it would be more correct to talk about pairs of hypergolic substances? Rps (talk) 12:19, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
I think the hyperbaric oath is probably referring to hyperbaric chambers, which are used in medical settings, such as treating scuba divers suffering from the bends. 14:08, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
- I wonder if the "holigraphic" one is directly inspired by this recent display. (Although, by my reading, that's not really holographic, just an advanced form of stereographic display.) 18.104.22.168 06:01, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
I missed the Hydroponic Oath (“first, maintain nutrient concentration”), the Hypocritic Oath (“first, judge others as you don't wish to be judged”), and the Hyperbolic Oath (“first, take two intersecting asymptotes”). 22.214.171.124 15:34, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
- Isn't the Hypocritic Oath just "First, don't do this"?
I prefer the Hypocritical oath (insert political party of your choosing here). 126.96.36.199 17:29, 19 October 2023 (UTC)
The Hypoglycemic Oath: "First, eat some sweets!" 188.8.131.52 00:17, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
The Hypothetical Oath: "First, presume there is an oath." 184.108.40.206 00:23, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
Hippy Oath: First, chill out, man!
Hip-shaker Oath: First, do a shimmy.
Hypotenuse Oath: First, find the squares of the other two sides.
Hyperactive Oath: First, eat no sugar.
220.127.116.11 10:36, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
- Hip-shaker Oath: First, do not lie.18.104.22.168 20:18, 23 October 2023 (UTC)
I'm struggling to accept the shape of the hydroelectric turbine which appears more like a table fan to me. Is there something that could be explained? 22.214.171.124 19:05, 25 October 2023 (UTC)
- Randall also had to draw all of the bricks in the wall. Maybe his hand was just tired. 126.96.36.199 21:59, 27 October 2023 (UTC)
- Kaplan Turbines are still popular and do indeed look just like that, ranging from 3-8 blades. There are other types, they all have their tradeoffs and sweet spots. 188.8.131.52 21:23, 29 October 2023 (UTC)